Foodie Friday | EASY Lasagna Recipe11/18/2016 02:08:00 pm
Who says being a student means you don't eat well? It's not all cereal out of a pan, microwavable meals and endless bars of chocolate. Once you reach fourth year, you start to realise the student lifestyle isn't all its hyped up to be, and spending a little extra time in the kitchen is totally worth it. That's not to say it has to be a 5 star chef meal. or take hours of your time. It can be really easy to make a meal that tastes just like your mum makes and is comforting enough to help you forget that long day in the library or the next deadline that's due.
I may be cheating a little bit when I say that this is a 'home cooked meal'. The majority of the ingredients are out of jars, and just need to be thrown together in a pot. Of course you can be a little more adventurous than what I am, but I went back to basics and made the easiest lasagna possible. And here's how you can too.
Jar of lasagna red sauce
Jar of lasagna white sauce
500g Mince meat
- Brown the mince on a pan, and add seasoning as you wish
- Once browned, add the whole jar of red lasagna sauce and leave to simmer for 20 mins
- Separate the meat into either 2 or 3 sections ( I went for 2 as my dish was big and shallow, but if you have a deeper dish then you may want three layers)
- Pour one section of meat in the dish and cover with a layer of pasta sheets
- Pour half (or a third) of the white sauce over the pasta sheets
- Add a layer of mozzarella over the white sauce
- Repeat the process until you've used all your mince & sauce
- Put the dish into the oven at 180 degrees (fan) for 30-35 minutes
- Take out and serve with a side salad or bread!