14 Things I Did In 201412/31/2014 10:48:00 am
SO this is the last day that we're able to say its 2014, I've been thinking about what I did this year.
Its the well known phrase- "New year, new me" that everyone thinks of while looking back at the past year and into the new. But I don't believe in that, I like to look back at what I've and see how I can make it better, without really making any resolutions or promises.
So what have I done this past year? Okay so not really the most exciting things, but when I think of things from this year- these are those things that popped to mind.
- I went away for 3 weeks to England and stayed with people I didn't know- a nerve wrecking but amazing experience.
- I joined a gym for the first time- not part of a resolution, just a decision over summer to actually get fit.
- I started this blog.
- I went to a couple of blogger events that I knew absolutely no one at, and it was the scariest thing ever, but turned out to be great fun!
- I finally agreed to getting a hair cut after 2 and a half years, and got my fringe.
- I actually ventured out of my cubby hole in Edinburgh and Aberdeen to visit a friend in St. A's and had the best time ever.
- I had my first job (ish) working as a child minder over summer- really lovely kids and such fun.
- I went on my first archaeology dig- one of the best experiences of my life.
- I signed the lease on a flat with four of the loveliest girls out.
- I paid my first bill- the first of many I presume.
- I took many many trips back and forth on the train home. I can now confidently tell you which platform the train will depart from Edinburgh Waverley for Aberdeen at certain times.
- I went to my first stadium concert - and it was standing. SO scary, but SO worth it.
- I went head on and took on Edinburgh's refreshers week, drinking every night and experiencing my first alcohol shakes- not to be recommended.
- I completed my first year of university, something which I'm proud of even though its the first of a four year course, but its the first step- first set of exams and essays and completing it is a good feeling.
And that's 14 things that I've done in 2014. Many of which are boring little things, but these have all made up my 2014. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what 2015 brings, but I hope its a good one for you all!
Comment what you've done in 2014, plan to do in 2015 or any posts about the new year for me to check out.