My Edinburgh Bucket List1/30/2017 09:42:00 pm
This time, four years ago, I couldn't wait to get out of Aberdeen. I was ready to spread my wings and move to a new city. Now that the time is coming round again for me to move away from my city, I'm not sure how I feel. Maybe its because I don't have set plans for after summer, but I'm starting to feel sad about leaving this city that I've called home for the last 3 and a half years.
So with the end in sight, whether I like it or not, I'm having to prepare my good byes to this gorgeous city. So I've decided to make a bucket list of everything I want to do in this city before I leave, so that I don't miss anything out. This list will grow and change, and hopefully things will start to get ticked off more and more. Some of these things I've done before, but I want to do again before I leave (so don't think I've managed to avoid everything that's great about Edinburgh while I've lived here.
- Climb Arthurs seat to see the sun set.
- Walk across the Forth Road Bridge.
- Climb up the Scott Monument.
- Watch live music at The Jazz Bar.
- Walk the length of Portobello Beach.
- Cook a barbecue in the meadows.
- Visit the Botanic Gardens.
- Visit Holyrood Palace.
- Visit Mary King's Close.
- Walk across to Cramond Island.
- Watch a show at the Theatre.
- Watch a film at the Cameo
- Have a deep fried Mars Bar.
- Go to Ghillie Dhu for a ceilidh.
- Watch the penguin parade at Edinburgh Zoo.
- Have a meal or drinks at The Dome.
- Visit Dean Village.
- Swim in the Commonwealth pool.
- Visit the independent shops along Victoria Street and Cockburn Street.
- Visit the Royal Observatory on Blackford Hill.