Blogmas Day 21 | Christmas Baking - Peppermint Creams Easy Recipe12/21/2015 11:00:00 pm
Over the next few days running up to Christmas, my blogmas posts are going to be centred around Christmas Baking and different recipes that you can try out. The week leading up to Christmas is typically when we do the most baking in our family, re-making all our favourites in time for everyone coming home. The yearly tradition began yesterday and continued well into today, with many more recipes in the pipe line for the next few days too (as well as a rocky road house kit!). Its a wonder that we bake so much - with all the Christmas foods and sweets we really don't need double batches of mince pies, cakes, cookies and more but its almost impossible to resist when you get into the swing of baking.
Today I'm sharing the recipe for Peppermint Creams - a super simple recipe that doesn't involve much time, mess and barely any ingredients!
- 225g of Icing Sugar
- 1 egg white
- Peppermint flavouring
- Milk Chocolate
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add one egg white. Stir together.
- Add a few drops of peppermint flavouring - a teaspoon is plenty for this recipe! - and stir
- Knead the mixture together, you should get a thick ball.
- Tear off bits of this ball to make bite size pieces. Place these on a tray.
- Flatten each ball with a fork.
- Leave them in the fridge for a day so that they cool and harden.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan of water.
- Carefully dip each hardened peppermint cream half into the melted chocolate and place them back on the tray.
- Leave the tray to dry then serve.
Blogmas Day 2 - Edinburgh's Christmas Market
Blogmas Day 3 - My Top Five Christmas Films
Blogmas Day 4 - Foodie Friday At Peter's Yard
Blogmas Day 5 - Managing University
Blogmas Day 6 - Winter Scarf Wishlist
Blogmas Day 7 - My Favourite Christmas Songs
Blogmas Day 8 - Preparing For Exams
Blogmas Day 9 - Why I Blog
Blogmas Day 10 - My Top Christmas Films
Blogmas Day 11 - Luxemme Wishlist and Voucher Giveaway
Blogmas Day 12 - OOTD At Buckingham Palace
Blogmas Day 13 - Book Review - House Rules
Blogmas Day 14 - Tacky Christmas Jumpers
Blogmas Day 15 - Winter Wonderland & Surviving The Hangover
Blogmas Day 16 - My Favourite Christmas Adverts
Blogmas Day 17 - Christmas Pasts
Blogmas Day 18 - Foodie Friday - London Food Diary
Blogmas Day 20 - The Body Shop Skin Care
Some other food recipes you might like to see too!
Lentil Soup Recipe
Banana Bread Recipe
Pasta Bake Recipe
Seafood Risotto Recipe
Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
Chocolate Cake Recipe
Bloglovin | GFC | Twitter | Instagram