My Weekly Round Up6/21/2015 03:26:00 pm
I've decided to add a new & regular style of post to my blog, and that is a little round up of my week, including things that I have been loving in the week as well as what I've been doing.
This week has been a fairly busy one and started with a day of travelling back from Leominster to Aberdeen. Now that I'm home, I've been all about the family time. I'm about to leave next week to go to Italy so want to fit in as much bonding time as possible. Saying that, I've also fit in a couple of nights out with my school friends as well as spending the days following lying on the sofa and trying to control the hangover (please share your secrets - I can't deal with another hangover at the level I was experiencing this week!). Now it's all about the packing and preparation for my trip, I expect next week will be a busy one, with trips to Primark scheduled between child minding and day trips, but want to enjoy as much time with the fam as possible. Including today, which is Father's Day in the UK - so lots of spoiling of my dad will occur as well as a dinner with chips and baked beans included, since it seems he has truly embraced the student lifestyle after completing his first year at uni.
Things I've loved & enjoyed this week
- Lemon juice - I am making a real effort at drinking more water, but since I'm not a huge lover of plain water I've been adding a slice of lemon to it. As well as the fact my mum bought a huge pack from Costco. and needs some help getting through them all.
- Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight - I was given a long list of books to read by my sister and finished this one at the start of the week. Its a really interesting story about a mother investigating the death of her daughter, which had been ruled as suicide. Throughout the book you're constantly questioning everyone's actions as you follow Amelia in the month before her death, and I found it a really intriguing read.
- Iconic 2 Palette from Make Up Revolution - my mum bought this for me to do Eleanor's make up for her school dance with, but I've found myself using it this week too, as I really love the browns included in it.
- How to work off your Wimbledon favourites - I was contacted by Central London Apartments who shared this infographic with me. Its really interesting to see how much tennis you'd have to play for different treats you eat over summer, and particularly over the Wimbledon period. Have a look for yourself here and see how much you'll have to play. I love this concept, especially as getting bikini body ready is on my mind!
- Primark Black Cut Out shoes - I featured these the other day as an OOTD ( shameless plug for you to have a look here ). I don't think I've worn another pair of shoes this last week. They are super comfortable and can be styled with anything. They were perfect for all the walking I did in Manchester and Leominster and didn't blister once.
- Prison Break - I am obsessed, and have been since I finished uni for the summer. Its such a great series that I can not recommend enough. I seriously missed it while I was off on my travels, and now I'm back I can't wait to watch the last of series 4. If you're looking for a series to watch then this is the one. (And Wentworth Miller is utterly gorgeous).
My song of the week is 'Cheerleader' by Omi. I think that this has become my new car song, my sister and I can't stop listening to it when we head off places and it really is just a catchy song!
What have you been loving this week? I hope you're week is fab and surpassing your expectations.