Chocolate Cake Recipe5/02/2015 05:31:00 pm
If you've been keeping up with my 'Happier & Healthier' Series, then you'll have seen quite a few recipes that I've posted already. While those were all for healthy meals, I thought I'd share a recipe for those with a bit of a sweet tooth, like myself. Here's the recipe to a chocolate cake that I made with my sister the other day.
For the Cake
- 3 Eggs
- 200g of Brown Sugar
- 60g of Cocoa Powder
- 150g of Plain Flower
- 50g of Butter
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 100g of Mascarpone
- 100g of Icing Sugar
- 30g of Cocoa Powder
- A bag of Malteasers / Chocolate Sweets of choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees c.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and melted butter to the same bowl and mix.
- Divide this mixture into 2 separate baking tins.
- Pop them both into the oven for 30 mins.
- Start to prepare the icing by adding the mascarpone and icing sugar together with the cocoa powder in a bowl and mix.
- Leave the cake to cool, then spread some icing over the top of one of the cakes, add half of the malteasers and sandwich them together.
- Decorate the top of the cake with the majority of the icing, and with the malteasers (or as we used on this cake, munchies).
- Serve up and enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my other recipes that I've shared for something maybe a little bit healthier!