How To| Make Lip Scrub8/20/2014 05:18:00 pm
I want to give a huge shoutout and credit to The Perks Of Meg, I saw her post on "DIY Lip Scrub" and I thought I'd try out the recipe she gave tweaking it a little, as well as another one that I have.
Lip Scrubs are really important to exfoliate and cleanse your lips, it makes them smoother, removes dead skin. And you should use a lip scrub just before putting on lip stick, as it makes the colour last longer!
So, here it is.
Honey Lip Scrub
- Fill the pot you wish to keep the lip scrub in half full of caster sugar, and pour this into a small bowl.
- Add a spoon full of honey to the bowl.
- Add a spoon full of Olive oil.
- Mix these all together, to get a mixture that is one sticky lump (sounds lovely) and transfer into pot.
I really like this one, the honey makes it taste and smell really nice, and I feel it working straight away. The only thing about this one is that it doesn't make a large quantity, so I had to switch from my original pot into a smaller one, but if you are wanting to fill a bigger pot than pictured I would suggest doubling the quantities.
Sugar Lip Scrub
- Scoop a teaspoon full of vaseline into a bowl.
- Fill the container you wish to store the lip scrub in half full with sugar, and add this to the bowl.
- Mix it together, I found it best using a spoon and basically press down on the vaseline to make it soft.
- Add a spoon full of lemonade.
- Spoon the mixture into the pot or pots you wish to keep it in.
This works really well, I found my lips felt a lot smoother with just one application- and it tastes really yummy!
Enjoy making and trying out these lip scrubs!
Bloglovin | Most Recent Post | Twitter